Skip to Content

College of Applied Arts Prerequisite Override Process

Prerequisite overrides requests should be directed to the academic departments offering the course (s) you are attempting to register. Override requests should only be requested if you meet prerequisites for the course. The most common reason to request a prerequisite override would be the substitution of a prerequisite.

Listed below are the links to the override requests forms for each department/school in the College of Applied Arts:

Department of Agriculture (AG)

School of Criminal Justice (CJ)

School of Family and Consumer Sciences 

  • Consumer Affairs (CA/FCS)
  • Human Development and Family Sciences (HDFS)
  • Fashion Merchandising (FM)
  • Interior Design (ID)
  • Nutrition and Foods (NUTR)

Organization, Workforce, and Leadership Studies

School of Social Work

Closed class requests should be directed to the faculty and/or the department/school offering the course (if the course does not have a waitlist). Students can also utilize waitlists when available.

(CA/FCS, HDFS, FM, and ID closed class requests can be submitted via the link found above)

The College of Applied Arts Academic Advising Center is unable to grant closed class or prerequisite override requests.